- Medical Services
- Planning Your Visit
- Abortion Services
- Birth Control
- Fertility Services
- HIV/AIDS Services
- LGBTQ Health
- STI Testing and Treatment
- Teen Health
- Wellness Care for Men & Women
- Outreach & Education
- HIV and Reproductive Health Integration
- Community Education
- Provider Trainings
- Pregnancy Options Counseling
- Health Information and Resources
- Advocacy & Action
- Get Involved
- About CHOICES
Choices believes that education and understanding lead to informed decisions about sexual and reproductive health for all people. Education sessions offered by CHOICES are based on best practices for sexual health education.
- All ages, gender identities, races, cultures, and sexual orientations are equally valuable to our world.
- Lack of knowledge and understanding leads to uninformed decisions regarding sexual health.
- All people should have access to accurate, comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information.
- Abstinence from sexual intercourse is the most effective way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.
- Children and teens need be given the tools to set goals and achieve them.
- Children and teens need be supported in an environment where they feel comfortable discussing topics of sexuality with an informed adult.
- Parents need be provided with the necessary tools to educate their children about sexual and reproductive health.
- Parents need be involved in the education of their children.
Join us once a month at CHOICES for conversations on a variety of topics related to achieving your optimal sexual and reproductive health. All sessions are free and open to the public, and are held on Thursdays (check specific sessions for times). To register for any or all sessions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb. 28 Infertility: The Basics, with Gretchen Anderton, PhD, Human Sexuality Education
Mar. 21 Not Your Mother’s IUD, with Nikole Gettings, CNM
Apr. 18 Managing Menopause, with Nikole Gettings, CNM - 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
May 16 All About HPV, with Nikole Gettings, CNM
June 6 Simple Herbal Remedies for Women’s Health, with Leslie Coleman, LMT
Community Education Sessions
CHOICES offers community-based education sessions on the following topics:
- My Changing Body: Puberty Awareness for Young People
- Human Reproductive Anatomy
- Circles of Human Sexuality
- Birth Control Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Making Sense of Abstinence
- Safer Sex Practices
- The Female Condom
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Talking to Your Teens about Sexuality
- Pregnancy Options