- Medical Services
- Planning Your Visit
- Pregnancy Calculator
- Abortion Services
- Pregnancy Testing
- Pre-natal Care & Deliveries
- Fertility Services
- Birth Control
- LGBTQ Health
- HIV Services
- STI Testing and Treatment
- Teen Health
- Miscarriage Management
- Managing Menopause
- Wellness Care for Men & Women
- Outreach & Education
- Advocacy & Action
- Get Involved
- Información en Español
- Welcome to CHOICES’ Voices
- Saying “Screw You” to Survivor Stigma
- Perfect Eyes: A Story about Mothers, Daughters, & Girlhood
- Protect our CHOICES
- Open Call for CHOICES Voices Blog Submission 2016
- Now For The Blessing
- The Scarlet Letter of Vaccines?
- Rodeo Drive
- Screaming from the Mountaintop
- A (Relatively) Pleasant Abortion
- Calling Myself Names
Choices is able to offer a number of education and training opportunities for medical and social services professionals. Below is a sampling of the trainings CHOICES can offer.
Medical Provider Trainings
CHOICES's experienced clinicians offer provider trainings in:
- IUD Insertions
- Adolescent Reproductive Health Management
- Approved Protocols for Medication and Surgical Miscarriage Management
- Integration of Reproductive Health Care and HIV Testing and Prevention Services
If you are interested in any of the training opportunities above, please contact Rebecca Terrell at 901-791-9383 or email@example.com to discuss the specific training needs for your group.
Examples of Past Trainings:
FC2 Female Condom Training - September 16, 2013
Join CHOICES and Female Health Company for this FREE training. At the end of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify provider attitudes and their impact on effectively promoting the FC2 Female Condom.
- Describe current data regarding FC2 efficacy in preventing pregnancy, STIs and HIV.
- Demonstrate proper insertion and use of FC2.
- Describe the aspects of sexual health and pleasure of FC2.
- Feel more confident and comfortable in talking with clients about FC2.
Upon successful completion of the FC2 Female Condom Training, participants can attend the Train the Trainer session the following day. Participants will learn how to educate others about the FC2. The Train the Trainer session will be held Tuesday, Sept.17 from 9:00am - 12pm. Breakfast will be provided. To register contact Katy Leopard firstname.lastname@example.org
Risk Made Real: A Case-Based Approach to Addressing Risk in Contraception
October 18, 2013
Join CHOICES and the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) for this FREE accredited reproductive health education activity. The goal of this program is to provide health care providers and their patients with the knowledge and practical tools they need to appropriately contextualize and understand the risks and benefits of all forms of contraception. Nearly half of US pregnancies each year are unintended, primarily because individuals fail to correctly and consistently use effective contraceptive methods. As health care options expand with recent decisions by the Institute of Medicine about recommended women’s preventative services, the reproductive landscape is becoming even more complex while new and established technologies remain under media, regulatory, and political scrutiny. These factors contribute to the difficult challenge of provider-patient communication.
Accreditation: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit and nursing contact hours will be available. Funding: “Risk Made Real: A Case–Based Approach to Addressing Risk in contraception” is funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Merck and Co.