At CHOICES, our most valuable asset is our people. Our dedicated staff, volunteers, and interns serve the Mid-South community every day. See our rules for a happy, healthy workplace.
CHOICES will not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, parental status, body size, gender identity or any characteristic protected by law.
CHOICES is committed to a living wage for all employees. Base pay for entry level positions begins at $15/hour
Receptionist – Part time with leave benefits – $15/hr
Job Description: Receptionist/Business Assistant is responsible for checking in patients, answering phones, making appointments, receiving and processing payments, verifying insurance coverage, and maintaining the front desk and lobby areas. The Receptionist is a key position for public and patient relations, and helps set the tone of respect and outstanding patient care for the entire practice. This is a part-time position which is eligible for leave benefits including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required.
High School Diploma, minimum 2 yrs. medical office experience, strong communication skills, pleasant speaking voice and demeanor. Spanish language fluency preferred. Good disposition and excellent verbal communication skills required. Attention to detail is critical.
To apply: send Cover Letter and Resume to Nancy Shotwell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Director (Family Medicine or OB-GYN, MD or DO)
Well established, comprehensive reproductive health clinic in Memphis, TN seeks experienced Medical Director and direct care provider for planned programmatic and physical expansion.
This dynamic nonprofit clinic has a distinguished 40+ year history and a creative and progressive practice environment. New health center under construction includes an out-of-hospital birthing center. Clinical services include abortion, general gynecology, LGBTQ health, family planning, midwifery. Open to addition of family practice, research or special projects, specific areas of care. Responsibilities 40% administrative, 60% direct care. Competitive salary & benefits including 401K. Relocation expenses considered.
- Oversees all medical, clinical and nursing personnel, research and operations.
- Provides vision and leadership to conceive, implement and assess medical goals and objectives.
- Develops, reviews and revises all medical policies and procedures.
- Strong public health, equal rights and social and reproductive justice orientation.
- Familiarity with and support of midwifery model of care.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain, valid Tennessee Medical License.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in family practice or obstetrics /gynecology.
- Experience as Medical Director or in comparable administrative or leadership role.
- Demonstrated skills in staff management, instruction, and organizational development.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple contracts, projects and tasks.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and also function well as a team member.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, socio-economic, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Willing to assume positive intentions of colleagues, partners and team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Athena Electronic Health Record systems preferred.
- Entreprenurial skills needed, MBA preferred.
Submit cover letter & CV to: Rebecca Terrell, Executive Director, rterrell@MemphisChoices.org
Position: Medical Assistant Students
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled Overview of Position: Provide basic medical support to lab techs, nurse practitioners, and doctors. Time Required: Based on education program requirements.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Katy Leopard at email@example.com