What Do I Need to Bring to My Appointment?
- Identification. We will need to see an ID with a photo and date of birth. We need to verify your age for certain services.
- If you are under 18 years old, we will accept your social security card, health insurance card, school ID, and your recent report card as IDs. Any questions, call us at 901-274-3550.
- Minor Abortion Appointment: We will also need to see your birth certificate and the photo ID of your parent or guardian.
- Your payment in the form of a money order, VISA, or Mastercard. We cannot accept checks or cash for security purposes.
- Insurance ID cards, if you are using your insurance for services. We are currently an in-network provider with the following plans: Amerigroup, Blue Cross Blue Shield, NovaNet, Wellcare, United Healthcare, Medicare, TennCare, and TriCare. We can provide an itemized receipt for services if you would like to file an out-of-network claim with another plan. Please call your insurance carrier for details about your own coverage and benefits. Please call to verify that we can accept your specific plan before your visit.
- Patient Forms, if you want to fill your forms out before your appointment
Should I eat before my abortion appointment?
Yes, please feel free to have a healthy balanced meal before your appointment, unless you are receiving sedation. If you choose to have sedation during your procedure, it is very important that you not have anything to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your appointment.
How long will I be at CHOICES?
Appointment times vary according to the type of services received. For Wellness Appointments please plan to be with us for about an hour and a half. For regular abortion appointments, please plan to be at the clinic for up to 5 hours. You may want to bring something to read, as well as a snack to eat while you wait (unless you selected sedation during your procedure. No food or drink for 6 hours prior to sedation).
Can I bring someone with me to my appointment?
Yes, you are welcome to bring one (1) guest with you to your appointment. Guests will be asked to wait for you in the front lobby during your appointment. (UPDATE: Because of COVID-19 safety precautions, patients are asked to come alone. Any guests will be asked to wait in the car or come back to pick you up after your appointment is over.)
Where do I park?
Our parking lot entrance is located on Bellevue Boulevard.
If I am under 18 years old, do I have to bring my parent with me?
For Abortion Appointments
In the state of Tennessee, anyone under the age of 18 must have consent from their parent or guardian or have a judicial bypass. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 901-274-3550.
For Other Appointments
In the state of Tennessee anyone over the age of 13 can consent to reproductive health exams, birth control, and STD testing without parental consent. We encourage you to discuss your reproductive health issues and/or your plans for contraception with your parents, and they are welcome to attend your reproductive health visit with you. If there is some reason you don’t believe their presence or involvement would be in your best interest, however, you can access reproductive health care on your own.