SAVE THE DATE! CONDOMONIUM will be Saturday April 18, 2020, 7 – 10 pm.
CHOICES is seeking artists, designers, and all creatives to make original art, fashions, floral designs, objects, furnishings, etc. for this year’s CONDOMONIUM.
CONDOMONIUM is part party, part public awareness event, and the signature fundraiser for CHOICES. This year’s CONDOMONIUM is going to be bigger and better than ever – a grand opening party at our brand new Reproductive Health and Birth Center, 1203 Poplar Avenue.
CHOICES Memphis Center for Reproductive Health is a small (but mighty) non-profit organization providing reproductive health care, education, and policy advocacy around reproductive health and reprooductive rights.
Funds raised from CONDOMONIUM will be used to support CHOICES’ programs and services.
Prizes and Benefits
- Your art and design talents will support CHOICES unique services to the community.
- Each participating artist or designer will each receive one year of free Reproductive Wellness Care from CHOICES (up to $500 value). This benefit can be used by the designer or gifted to someone else.
- Each artist or designer will receive Free Admission to the event for themselves and their model (if applicable), plus two additional guest tickets.
Designer Schedule and Deadlines
January 31, 2020 – Initial sketches or research collages due by 5 p.m.
February 28, 2020 – In-process photo and artist bio due by 5 p.m.
April 18, 2020 – CONDOMONIUM! 7 – 10 p.m., 1203 Poplar Avenue.
CHOICES will provide Artists & Designers with equal allotments of raw (unlubricated) condoms (approximately 200-300).
- It is expected that all condoms provided will be used in the art piece.
- The choice to implement condom wrappers or additional condoms at designer’s expense in final pieces is optional.
- CHOICES will reimburse each designer up to $50 for additional supplies. Please keep and submit all receipts.
- Designers must provide their own models if creating a fashion design. Apparel designs must be wearable with a sustainable base; it is expected that sturdy, appropriate closures are utilized—please refrain from using hot glue, tape, or hand-stitching to secure your “look” on your model for the event.
- All art pieces need to last through Saturday night April 18th.
- Finished designs and objects will become the property of CHOICES to be used for promotional purposes including being displayed by CHOICES, event sponsors, and local partners.
For more information contact Katy Leopard, CHOICES’ Director of External Affairs, at email@example.com or 901-552-4336 or Darci McFarland, CHOICES’ Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-552-4336.