CHOICES is seeking guest designers to create fashions out of condoms for our upcoming special event CONDOMONIUM 2018.
CONDOMONIUM is an amazing party, annual public awareness event, and signature fundraiser for CHOICES, a small (but, mighty) non-profit organization providing reproductive health care, education, and policy advocacy around reproductive health and rights.
Funds raised are used to support Choices programs and services including community education, clinician training, and a special fund for patients who can’t afford the full cost of their care.
Prizes and Benefits
- Your design talents will support CHOICES unique services to the community.
- Each participating designer will each receive one year of free Reproductive Wellness Care from CHOICES (up to $500 value). This benefit can be used by the designer or gifted to someone else.
- Each designer will receive Free Admission to the event for themselves and their model, plus two additional guest tickets (up to $200 value).
- Professional hair and make-up services for models provided for final event.
Designer Schedule and Deadlines
|November 24, 2017||Designers pick up condoms|
|January 8, 2018||Designers’ initial sketches or research collages due by 5 pm|
|February 2, 2018||In-process photo and model name/contact/bio info due by 5 pm|
|March 22, 2018||VIP Design Preview party. Modeled designs (final or in progress)|
|March 31, 2018||CONDOMONIUM! 7 – 10 pm, Playhouse on the Square, Midtown|
CHOICES will provide Apparel Designers with equal allotments of raw (unlubricated) condoms (approximately 200-300).
- It is expected that all condoms provided will be used in the apparel designs.
- The choice to implement condom wrappers or additional condoms at designer’s expense in final designs is optional.
- CHOICES will reimburse each designer up to $50 for additional fabric and notions. Please keep and submit all receipts.
- Designers must provide their own models for both the Preview Party and the main event.
- Designs must be wearable with a sustainable base; it is expected that sturdy, appropriate closures are utilized—please refrain from using hot glue, tape, or hand-stitching to secure your “look” on your model for the event.
- Some, but not all, components of final designs are required to be original construction (e.g., you may purchase a blouse to go with a skirt you design and build, or purchase a belt to go with a dress you design and build.)
- Finished designs will become the property of CHOICES to be used for promotional purposes including being displayed by CHOICES, event sponsors, and local partners
For more information please email Katy Leopard, Director of Community Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.