SAVE THE DATE! Saturday April 18, 2020, 7 – 10 pm.
CHOICES is seeking artists, designers and all creatives to make original art, fashions, floral designs, objects, furnishings, etc. for this year’s CONDOMONIUM.
CONDOMONIUM is part party, part public awareness event, and the signature fundraiser for CHOICES. This year’s CONDOMONIUM is going to be bigger and better than ever – and will be held at our brand new Reproductive Health and Birth Center, 1203 Poplar Avenue.
CHOICES Memphis Center for Reproductive Health is a small (but mighty) non-profit organization providing reproductive health care, education, and policy advocacy around reproductive health and reprooductive rights.
Funds raised from CONDOMONIUM will be used to support CHOICES’ programs and services.
Prizes and Benefits
- Your art and design talents will support CHOICES unique services to the community.
- Each participating artist or designer will each receive one year of free Reproductive Wellness Care from CHOICES (up to $500 value). This benefit can be used by the designer or gifted to someone else.
- Each artist or designer will receive Free Admission to the event for themselves and their model, plus two additional guest tickets (up to $200 value).
- Professional hair and make-up services for models provided for final event.
Designer Schedule and Deadlines
|December 14, 2019||Designer Brunch and Condom Pick-Up|
|January 31, 2020||Designers’ initial sketches or research collages due by 5 pm|
|February 28, 2020||In-process photo and model name/contact/bio info due by 5 pm|
|March 27, 2020||VIP Design Preview event. Modeled designs or displayed works (final or in progress)|
|April 18, 2020||CONDOMONIUM! 7 – 10 pm, 1203 Poplar Avenue|
CHOICES will provide Artists & Designers with equal allotments of raw (unlubricated) condoms (approximately 200-300).
- It is expected that all condoms provided will be used in the apparel designs.
- The choice to implement condom wrappers or additional condoms at designer’s expense in final designs is optional.
- CHOICES will reimburse each designer up to $50 for additional fabric and notions. Please keep and submit all receipts.
- Designers must provide their own models for both the Preview Event and the main event.
- Apparel Designs must be wearable with a sustainable base; it is expected that sturdy, appropriate closures are utilized—please refrain from using hot glue, tape, or hand-stitching to secure your “look” on your model for the event. Objects, headpieces, or other display art only need to last through Saturday night April 18th.
- Finished designs and objects will become the property of CHOICES to be used for promotional purposes including being displayed by CHOICES, event sponsors, and local partners
For more information please email Katy Leopard at Kleopard@memphischoices.org