Available without an appointment!
Emergency Contraception (EC, Plan B)
Anyone over the age of 17 can stop by during our regular hours,
- Show your state issued ID, and
- Purchase EC – Save when you buy 2 packs, and have it on hand just in case.
Emergency contraception is a method to prevent pregnancy in women who have had unprotected sex or when birth control methods have failed. It may be used:
- After a sexual assault or rape
- When a condom breaks or a diaphragm slips out of place
- When a woman forgets to take birth control pills, late for depo shot
- When you have sex and did not use any birth control
Using Emergency Contraception
- Using EC may change the time of the month when you can become pregnant.
- After you use EC, you must take extra care to use birth control every time you have sex, especially until you get your next period.
- If you have unprotected sex again, be sure to take EC again.
- You have the best chance of taking EC immediately after unprotected sex if you have it on hand before you need it. Get it today. Always keep it handy.
- EC never protects against sexually transmitted infection. Always use a condom.
- Plan B is safe and effective when taken according to directions.
- Research shows that emergency birth control works the same way as regular birth control pills.
- Emergency birth control DOES NOT cause an abortion. It will not work if you are already pregnant.*
For more information on emergency contraception in Memphis, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.